This is a guide to prepare for an emergency where you will he staying in your home. Ie Corona Virus outbreak, earth quake, power outage etc. This Minimalist Guide to Emergency Preparation is for the environmentally conscious, the minimalist, the non hoarder. The person who will most likely share their last roll of TP with their neighbor LOL. This is also a list for those with infants, toddlers, children, who eat organic/gluten free and take the holistic route when it comes to supplements/herbs/medicine.
What you need to prep for an emergency:
- Full tank of gas/don’t let it get bellow half a tank, ever.
- Water filtration system like Berkey
- Bpa free water jugs to store filtered water
- Freeze Dried food, we ordered from Ready Wise, they have Gluten Free and Vegetarian options as well as traditional.
- Food for 1-3 weeks, frozen meat, frozen veggies, canned tomatoes, rice, beans, pastas, pasta sauce. Think homemade chili, stew, soup. Peanut butter, jelly, bread (store extra in freezer) frozen pizzas (can totally be cooked on BBQ if power is out.) Here is my homemade bone broth and chicken noodle recipe.
- Snack, (especially for kids) beef sticks, organic bars, fruit pouches, fruit snacks
- Paper plates & utensils cut down on washing if power is out. We will still eat out of regular bowls, as it is SO toxic to eat hot soup/chili from a plastic bowl.
Non Food Items that are Essential:
- Babies: diapers and wipes, baby food, formula, pumped breast milk
- Generator (make sure you have the proper watt for the appliances you want to run, you don’t want to blow a fuse)
- Extension cord for the generator that reaches to the appliances you want to power
- Plenty of gas to power the generator (min 5 gal gas container)
- Propane (we found a great generator at Costco that runs off propane and gas)
- Gas siphon (incase 5 gals was not enough, you can siphon it from a car)
- Lanterns, flash lights, head lamps, battery operated candles, lighter, battery packs for USB, solar battery pack, batteries for everything,
- Propane tank x2 so one is always full. (bbq, camping stove, generator)
- Herbal supplements, bee proplois, grapefruit seed extract, vitamin C, elderberry, colloidal silver, essential oils, fractionated coconut oil.
- Basic first aid, disposable gloves
- Toiletries, tooth paste, toilet paper
- Pet food
- Lots of fun things to do with your kids, games, toys etc if you don’t have power and can’t do screen time
- Sunscreen, if they can be outside, this will help if you have no power
I hope that you enjoyed my Minimalist Guide to Emergency Preparation , if you did, please share this post to your social media pages to help someone else out!
⋒ helping you simplify & live an intentional life
⋒ interior designer, flipping a house into your next home
⋒ content creator, not an influencer
Tell me what you think in the comment section below or on my Instagram, don’t forget to Subscribe to my newsletter to receive your FREE Guide to Decluttering and of course, follow me on Instagram and Pinterest!