Out of all of the life changes I have made in the last 10 years, taking supplements was one of the last things I decided to dive into. Between believing the lie that I should be able to get all of the nutrients that I need from food, and just feeling overwhelmed I didn’t know where to start! The last three years my health has never been better, between “finding out what was wrong” and getting my own education in the science of nutrition and taking supplements, my mindset has really changed! Typically being diagnosed with something can be a downer, however when I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease three years ago and “actually had to be gluten free” it was really a silver lining TRULY knowing why I had felt so sick for 20+ years. Now everyday, I take a handful of real food, organic, high quality supplements, knowing that each one brings further healing.
These are my top 5 supplements MOST people are in need of! As always, I recommend finding a practitioner that can direct you. If you are local, this is who I go to.
1. Multi: A good multi vitamin is important, you want to make sure you are taking something that is real food based, can be raw, be sure that is is free of ANYTHING synthetic. I am still taking my prenatal because I am still nursing Liam and we are ready to get pregnant again. If you are trying to get pregnant, it is never too early to start on a prenatal. (PS your prenatal should not make your sick, I can take mine on an empty stomach.)
2. Probiotic: Not all probiotics are created equal, it IS possible to take too many/wrong kind. If you are taking a probiotic and you have an increase in gas, bloating or general discomfort.. you are taking the wrong kind! When a baby is first born, their gut flora is based off what they receive from down below, so make sure you are taking something!
3. Adrenal Support: Life stems from our Adrenal system, its our fight or flight, ride or die etc. If you are struggling with sluggishness, anxiety, depression, insomnia, stress etc.. You may be suffering from off balaced Adrenal Glands! By supporting the Adrenal System we rise and fall when we are suppose to and the world spins on its axes.
4. B12: Vitamin B12 is known for supporting mood, energy etc. A Mom deficient in Vitamin B12 is a Mom in suffering!
5. Vitamin C: Vitamin C is great for boosting the immune system, aiding in the production of collagen and keeping bowel movements regular! Because let’s get real, we don’t have any time for any of that to not be functioning properly.
As I mentioned before, I am not a doctor, and you should always consult you health care practitioner before starting a new suppliment regimen!